Sixth Street Self Help Center
The Sixth Street Self Help Center is modeled after the Tenderloin Self Help Center and offers similar services for residents living along San Francisco's Sixth Street Corridor. The site, located on 169 and 181 Sixth Street (between Mission and Howard), opened its doors to the public on November 2008. Please call 415-369-3040 for more information.
• Peer-counseling services that address a multitude of issues: including mental health, substance abuse, benefits advocacy, and other barriers to stability
• Drop-in access to respite from the streets; use of telephones and restrooms; access to hygiene and other emergency supplies
• Case management services that provide support and linkage to housing, behavioral health issues, employment, and other resources
• Drop-in access to the Employment Resource Center (ERC)
• Skills-building workshops and a G.E.D. completion prep class
• Holistic health and wellness services including massage therapy, meditation, acupuncture, and self-care groups
• Medical triage, behavioral health care
• A range of support groups, including a new support group for seniors, socialization activities and much more.
290 Turk Street
415 749 2100